header

Pages

4.20.2011

Pysanky?

As part of an Easter package (amongst Godiva bunnies and Jelly Belly), my in-laws mailed me a hand-painted blown egg. Although not pysanky, it certainly reminded me of the Ukrainian eggs, which have always amazed me.

I recently saw on the Craftzine blog that someone had made faux pysanky eggs using Sharpies. Brilliant! I knew I just had to do it for Easter. I blew out 2 eggs, cleaned and dried them out, then got to work. I wish I used my ruler to plan out the design, but at the time it was more of an experiment and I wanted to get started as soon as possible! My perfectionist self can see every flaw, but I still think I did a good job...here they are:

The 2nd one is definitely my favorite! Have any of you ever done psyanky? Also, have you ever seen the egg-bot? Cool, but definitely does not have that hand-made quality to it.

I wonder if you can rubber stamp on eggs....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these are stunning! You have SO much patience! I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake here, but I was just looking through all your posts to find something for this week's CASE study (something that I could do justice to rather than just ruin-hence I'm at April when it's August now!) and I couldn't pass these by without letting you know just how amazing they are! My jaw is even open a little bit!

    You never fail to amaze and inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, beautiful pysanky thanks for showing the artistic talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...