header

Pages

12.04.2012

ric#25

Hey there!  I REALLY suggest that you go visit the Runway Inspired Challenge today. Not only do we have a new, bright, and fun inspiration, but it is the first day for our amazing new design team girls! In addition, we have our very first guest designer, and I'm sure that you already know her :)


source: fashionologie.com

Oh my gosh- Betsey Johnson is crazy!  Have you ever seen that woman? She's a nut.  She's known for colorful and funky designs, and for the cartwheels she does down the runway!  You can guarantee that her fashion shows will always be entertaining.

When I saw that background, I immediately thought of black glitter.  That brought me to New Years, which lead me to make this card:


Although not as outlandish as a chick in a short dress and scuba gear, I think my card does manage to have the same party-like energy (at least I hope!).  The strip of black glitter adds just the right amount of sparkle, but not enough to compete with the blue rhinestones.  

I also wanted to incorporate the orange, but in a more subtle way- I die cut 5 of each letter in a bright NEON orange and adhered them in a stack to go behind the black ones.  I'm uploading this card to Cath's Keen on Neon challenge :)

Please check out the rest of the design team's contributions:

Virginia - Yes, Virginia...
Wida - Beachorado
Pamela - miao

If you play along with us, you can win a gift card to Simon Says Stamp!













5 comments:

  1. I love this card! From the thin glittery strip to the neon stack behind the letters; just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes yes!! I totally love that background too :) Love the subtle orange too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jen! The subtle neon effect is VERY COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...