header

Pages

1.30.2013

love love love

Not only am I a guest for the Clean and Simple Card Making 2 class, but I also have the privilege of being a participant! It's only Day 3, and I have learned so much.

Today Jennifer McGuire shared some tips on gradient stamping.  I used 3 shadow inks from Hero Arts- the 2 feathers on the outside and the one in the center.  The other 2 feathers are a result of double inking.  I love how 3 colors that I might not typically put together all of a sudden seem harmonious on the card:


I made this while stamping at Jessica's tonight, and I have to admit that it took me an insanely long amount of time to execute.  I had to practice my gradient on a separate piece of paper, then measure out the spacing, then finally stamp it out.  But I'm really happy with the result!












My Utility Belt (tools I use often!)


16 comments:

  1. wow this is pretty awesome! Love the result you got with double stamping!!
    And I LOVE the sentiment! Super cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so stunning Jen! I really thought it was several different inks rather than the gradient stamping effect! You totally rock this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO kidding, this looks smashing! Love the inking idea, you get a whole other color, and it automatically coordinates. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love this color combination! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking colors and ones I would never have thought of using...terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. um i LOVE this!! so perfect! i just finished the videos for class days 1-3.....so excited to see what else you come up with!! rock on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the gradient stamping technique, but couldn't bring myself to do it. It is crazy how time consuming the CAS is sometimes huh? I LOVE your card it is gorgeous!
    I tried the masking the other day and got so frustrated with smearing and smudging I had to just WALK away.HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Lovely! (That's to both yourself & this ultra trendy, über cool card!)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome stamping! I love this gradient, and it further convinces me that I need to check out the HA shadow inks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...