header

Pages

1.02.2014

first post of the new year!!

Hello folks!  I'm cooped up inside today due to the snowstorm that's hitting the Northeast...SO happy that school was cancelled for today and tomorrow!  I do NOT want to be out on the roads, since I don't trust any of the crazies out there :)

A few of you have emailed me asking for more info about the card below, which I posted last week:

Sorry I didn't explain how I made it, but I was getting frustrated because I was posting from my iPad.  The GORGEOUS die is the Leaf Pattern Cover-Up die from Lil' Inker - and of course I had to mail this card to Miss Lil' Inker herself, Laura Pryor. 

I used a sheet of double sided adhesive (from Clear and Simple Stamps), sticky side up, and carefully placed the die cut on top.  I trimmed it around the edges, then sprinkled on some glitter.  I tried to do a gradient of color by adding the glitter in stages.  I used it sparingly, because the excess would not be able to go back into the tubes since the colors mixed.  No need to waste a bunch here!

Once it was sufficiently glitterized, I peeled of the backing and stuck it onto a card base.  I can't wait to try this technique again soon!

One more thing before I go...a new year calls for a new signature (and yes, I know it's huge. I like it!).  Susan Opel gave me the nickname of "JRza" a while back, and quite a few of you call me that! I love it, so it has become my new signature.  I'm also considering changing my header....

18 comments:

  1. Do you know I *squealed* at that new signature?! It's like a graffiti artist's tag, which I'm sure you're well aware of!! So awesome!!

    And the card, well the card is just stunning!! I love the gradient glitter effect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this is gorgeous, I must have missed it previously! That leaf die is gorgeous and the colours of glitter you've chosen look beautiful together, Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was nuts about this card when you 1st posted and am so grateful that you came back to it with the tutorial. It's just plain gorgeous and your new signature is just AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card -- really love the sig!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the how to. I loved this card, the glitter is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning! and I LOVE that new signature, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LURVE the card Miss JRza!! Woot Woot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Love the new nick' too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Gorgeous! Sparkly. The gradient of colors is so fun. I love your cards. All of em.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this card is awesome! would you consider making a how to video??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love this card! The colors of the mixed glitter are fabulous. I love the new signature, too... it has a bit of an oriental look.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My die came yesterday!!!! Will use it as soon as we get outside cleaned up!!!! Very windy and chilly in RI!!!!! Thank you again for a beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It really is so pretty, and I LOVE the new signature! You JRza should be a superhero.....get to work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have received this card and might I just say that while your pictures of it are stunning, in real life this card is even more beautiful! I have it in my kitchen so I can see it all the time and I love it!!
    Wow, what a year 2013 was for you, Jen! Impressive!
    Mwah!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. GASP!! That header is to die for!!! Love your new signature too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow love this!!! I don't dig glitter, so will be trying a sponged background instead! Thanks for sharing.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous. Love your new blog design too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...