header

Pages

8.04.2015

ric#89 and Altenew updates

Good morning!  Today there is a brand spamkin' new Runway Inspired Challenge for you....




Our sponsor this week, FishScraps, has donated digital products to the DT to use on our projects!


This was a very quick and easy card to put together.  I used two images from Fresh Lemon Digital Stamps to create a background, and printed it onto textured cardstock.  Next, I stamped a sentiment from Altenew's Baby Zoo set onto peach cardstock and mounted it to the card with foam tape.  The only other thing it needed was a strip of grey cardstock!




My second card is a lot more technique-y (yes! I made two cards!).  Using Photoshop, I created a striped background from the Watercolor Digital Paper and printed it out.  Then, I went to work on the flower.   I used an image from Succulent Clipart Silhouettes to make a cut file for my Silhouette Cameo.  Once the pieces were cut from white cardstock, I mounted them onto a super thick piece of plastic and cut it out by hand.  It looks so cool in real life!  I then stamped the sentiment (from Fresh Freesia) with grey ink, and mounted everything to a peach card base.


Gayatri - Handmade By G3
Heather Hoffman - Houses Built of Cards
Lindsay A. - Note To Self
Aga - Just Made From Paper


A BIG thanks to Carrie, owner of FishScraps, for donating three amazing prizes!
Third Place:  $25 gift card
Second Place:  $50 gift card
First Place:  $100 gift card!


Lastly, if you didn't know, Tasnim and I just released 9 new stamp sets for Altenew!  I've been posting my projects over on the Altenew Blog, but figured I would re-post them here in case you haven't seen them yet :)   I have been out of town and very busy (more grad school work and other projects! lol), so I sadly haven't posted all my cards using all of the sets yet.  Hopefully I'll get the rest up within a week or so!











3 comments:

  1. So many beautiful cards! :))) the first one is so stunning:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Your cards are so fantastic!! I love the first one with the printed background and just the touch of card stock for the color. The flower on the second one is so striking against that water color paper. Your cards from the Altenew release are stunning. All of the new sets are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Loving those handdrawn images on the first, and that flower on the second is so cool look on the acetate, LOVE! You guys had another great Altenew release too! I need some of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...