header

Pages

8.18.2015

ric#90

Hey there, strangers!  Today we have a brand spankin' new Runway Inspired Challenge, this time inspired by Monique Lhuillier!


source:  style.com

I am in love with this feminine dress...isn't it gorgeous!?  

I think made and re-made this card about 4 times before I was happy with it.  I felt like I couldn't get it to look the way it did in my head- has that ever happened to you?  Well anyway, I continued to play around with everything until I ended up with this:



After all of that work, I love how it turned out! First I stamped a Hero Arts map background stamp with grey ink on my card base, and covered it with vellum.  Then, I stamped a bunch of elements from Altenew's Vintage Flowers, and die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I tried my best to get the colors to match the inspiration dress.

Once it was all arranged the way I liked it, I adhered it to the card with foam tape.  Lastly, I added the sentiment, which is from Altenew's Sketchy Cities America.


Lindsay A. - Note To Self
Heather Hoffman - Houses Built of Cards
Gayatri -  Handmade By G3

We hope you play along!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love that soft vellum layer you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Jennifer!! One of my favorite stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely!! I love the layering on this and the vellum really softens everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. I like the use of the map paper behind the flowers. Are you on Pinterest? I would love to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got got to goto Web version and I found you on pinterest. Yeah.

      Delete
  5. I love your style !! Greetings from Costa Rica.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

If you ask a question, please make sure that you leave your email address, or that I can view it in your profile so I can respond :)

(note: I have disabled anonymous commenting due to the 20+ spam comments I have been receiving each day. Please email me at ourchangeofart@gmail.com if this is a problem for you- I wasn't sure how many people would be unable to comment if I did this)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...